Friday, March 26, 2010

Principals with Principles: Some Puns are no Fun

March26_2010EPIKAD

I should probably add that "Dynamic Korea" was the catchphrase most frequently thrown about during our orientation by the organizers. I think it was meant to encapsulate the vibrant culture and rapid development of Korea but among the new teachers it quickly became a euphemism for everything illogical and confusing about our lives here.

Example: "At orientation I was told I would be teaching grades 3 through 6 elementary but now I'm also teaching kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade as well. Dynamic Korea!"

2 comments:

  1. Who's the guy delivering the bad news? I think this is a very fertile vein to explore... "dynamic"...yeah... keep `em comin', Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My new and very in-experienced co-teacher. Poor guy is in way over his head.

    ReplyDelete